Thursday, June 01, 2006

Potty training day two

Well, whoever said they never bribed their children obviously never potty trained. Because I would find anything to get Caleb to go to the potty yesterday. I tried to extend the time in between and that didn't work. So, we are sticking with about 35 minutes (maybe in a couple of days I will try to extend to 45 or so...). Thank goodness for DVR because if he had to stop watching TV (which he doesn't get to watch often), he would not be happy but because I can pause....life is good. Love modern technology. Well he had 6 yes 6 wet accidents yesterday. But there is a learning curve to the potty training stuff. He will get it. Sooner or later...RIGHT???

2 comments:

Krista said...

I don't know if this is encouraging or not, but Mikayla went through 6-8 pairs of panties a day for about 2 weeks before it finally all clicked. Of course, she was just past her 3rd birthday, and she still wears diapers for nap and bedtime! Good luck, and I hope he catches on quick for you!!

Kara said...

Something that I found, (which you may already have) was a cotton and plastic training pant at Target. It was basically thick underwear with a protective cover to save you from cleaning up messes. I don't think they are any better than regular pants as far as the training for your child goes, but they help you not to have any mess to clean up.