Tuesday, June 13, 2006

GMA anyone??

Does anyone watch GMA in the morning. It is the show I watch while I am eating breakfast. This morning they had some feminist women on there that was telling every women that in order to be a 'successful' women and be fully fulfilled you have to work and to only have one child because it is the second one that causes most working women to stay home. Her 'philosophy' (she has a PhD in philosophy) is beyond dumb. I read the one chapter excerpt on the GMA website. WOW!!! what a lie from the deepest pits of hell!! I mean who teaches the children to be well round part of society without having someone there to teach them. I know now that about 30 seconds into the segment I should have turned it off...it just made me so mad. I like who I am and I don't feel less valued or appreciated because I don't shove my kids into a cramped room of other children and type 'reports' on a computer all day. That is beyond the ridiculous. And to say that stay-at-home mothers are not being a full adult. WOW!!! I guess I should just be quiet and stop fuming about this. What do I expect from the world?? Good question!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I think that that lady has it backwards. I feel more fulfilled now that I am a full time mom than I did when I worked. (Even when I only had one kid.)

Jordan Lambert said...

When I go running in the morning I watch this or that other show with the weather guy that got thinner. I don't watch them because I like them, but because it fills up time and they are the only thing on. But this type of distortion of the truth is a pretty typical morning from what I have seen in the past few months.