Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Were Back

Well, after 16 hours of traveling yesterday (and this morning) we are back from vacation. I am very tired. The boys slept well on the planes, which was good. But that meant that even though we didn't get home until 3 o'clock this morning they still got up at 7:30. So, I got up with them feed them breakfast and we watched the news and then some of thier shows. At about 10:30 I woke philip up and then went back to sleep until 1:30. Even with that little 3 hour nap I am still really tired and will go back to bed early tonight. Because tomorrow I have to get the house cleaned up and the cloths put away and maybe some laundry.

The trip was loads of fun. I got to spend some time with my brother, that was a lot of fun. I miss that big old guy. I got to know his three boys a little bit better. They are ALL BOY. Then we spend a few relaxing days at my grandma's house about 15 outside a little Texas town. Needless to say it was out there. But she has a little 'guest house' out back. That was nice becuase even though people stayed in the house till late, my boys were not disturb by the noise. And it was cool out there with a little bedroom, living room and bathroom. The 50th celebration was a lot of fun. We had dancing and good food. And to see my grandparents dance and still seem to like each other after 50 years really grew me closer to philip.

Well the heat was high. Well it stayed in the mid 90's, but with that humidity it was crazy hot the first couple of days were hard to take then your body gets use to it ( a little anyway). I am glad I missed the really big heat here. But one good thing is we went swimming everyday so I came back not pacific northwest white. I have a little color (a little because I did wear some sunscreen).

Well, I am sure that I will think of more things later. I am glad to be back in Oregon and in my own bed. I didn't know a bed could be that comfortable!!!!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Glad you're back. Looking forward to some new posts. Be sure to take it easy and get some rest though.