Wednesday, July 04, 2007

What I don't like about summer!!

(and I mean beside the heat)

I went to Wal-Mart last night, by myself. Why is it that women think it is okay to wear the stuff they put on. Seriously?!?!? I mean cloths that are too tight, too short, too low and too young. I mean really why is it that a 50ish women is wearing hot pants and a tank top that is straining under the pressure of her top...I mean really!!! It is bad enough when a 17 year old wears it, I really don't want to see that. Then of course there is the muffin tops (the flap of skin over top the pants with the mid-drift). How in the world to they put that on and look in the mirror and still say....'sure lets go to Wal-mart?' That is not to mention the women who decide that it is too hot to wear foundation garments (like it really is that much hotter to wear that !?!?!?).

Then there is the guys. Why are you wearing shorts that barely are holding on around the middle of your bottom and that go down to the mid-calf. Why were shorts, or is that a guys version of carpis (yeah the gasta capris...that stricks fear). I really don't need to know that you are wearing blue, green and white striped boxers (and I mean if your going to show them off-it is the 4th of July at least be patriotic.). Then there are those guys that wear a button down shirt with none of the button, bottoned. Ohh...sexy...I mean seriously.

It seems to me that when the flip-flops come out that all common sense about proper clothing goes out the window. I mean I am plenty cool in my almost knee length shorts and long t-shirt. Why is it that women (and men) loose common sense when summer kicks into high gear.

Does anyone else feel that same....anyone?

4 comments:

Kara said...

With our wonderful weather down here, we get to view this year round. Just wait until your daughter starts yelling out, "I can see his underwear." The best part is when she tries to mimick those women and pulls her shirt up to show her midriff. All this to say, I agree with you whole-heartedly.

Jordan Lambert said...

I agree as well, but am missing the summers in the northwest as I am spending mine in Louisiana

Anonymous said...

/signed :)

Dena said...

I know what you mean; it seems the aesthetic value for beauty is either confused or devalued in pop culture. Makes me think of "Do you think I'm beautiful?" a book I read before we were married.