I closed the sliding door because the AC was on. I told the boys that the time was up (they were out there for 1/2 hour and in that heat it was enough). I asked them to take thier cloths off so that water was not all over the house. They were happy to do so. Then I went to open the sliding door and it wouldn't open. Somehow, unbeknowst to me it locked. HOW? I have no idea. So here we are all of us in the heat. The boys don't have cloths on and we are stuck outside. After a quick prayer I ran over to the neighbors house (blistering my bare feet on the road) and called Phil, who called Ryan (he is closer and has a key) and my savior (at least for this moment in life) was Ryan who came and opened the door.Needless to say we were mighty happy to be back inside and in the AC.

2 comments:
I hear you! I'm literally dripping sweat right now--forehead, legs, arms, oh my--but of course ladies don't sweat, "they perspire" as the old saying goes ;). Glad you got back in. Our house is _97_ right now; I don't remember a time when I've been inside a building that is so hot! Of course, it is nice that it's summer!
Wow, good thing that Ryan is close! It has been in the high 90's here, and cooling to the high 60's at night. Not good for sleeping! Air conditioning would be good for these few hot times a day.
Mom S.
Post a Comment