Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Major Doctor's appointment

Well, today I come to you tired. I went to the doctor's today for Evie's six months (opps 7) check-up. But I also had to take Benjamin for his getting ready for school exam and shots. So, it took over an hour with nurses and doctor. Benjamin is as follows:

Height: 3'11" about 100%
Weight: 50.6 lbs about 90%

So, he is still a big boy. He might need to get glasses soon. His vision was (L) 10/50 and (R) 10/40 so I will get him in to see the eye doctor later. He did really really well getting his shots. I chalk it up to prayer...because I was not sure what I was going to do if he decided to fight me on it...he is too strong for me. It would have taken a couple of nurses to hold him down. So, for his good behavior he got to pick out a 'big' toys (in other words not a $.88 walmart special). I was very proud of him.

Evie is like this:

Height: 27" about 60%
Weight 15 lbs5 oz about 15%
Head circumference: 43.5 cm about 60%

She did really well. She impressed the doctor by her steller spit-up skills. He said he would no longer complain about his 6 week old because Evie was many many times worse...funny. She is a small little thing, but that gives mommy a break on her arm.

So, now I am very tired. It took a lot out of me to go to the doctor with all of them. BUT it is done and I am happy that Ben is not fully ready for school.

2 comments:

Dena said...

doctor's appointments can be so draining and I imagine more so with little ones; great job taking care of your kids Beth! I imagine it's a relief to have them healthy.

Anonymous said...

sWow! they are really growing! Praise God that Ben did so well. I bet he enjoyed shopping for his reward. We will be praying about the glasses. Sadly, poor vision seems to run in both families.
Mom S