Monday, April 24, 2006

Sleep what is Sleep?

I am now able (I mean awake enough) to write on my blog. On Friday night Caleb decided to wake up at 12:45 screaming. He must have had a bad dream. I allowed him into our bed until he calmed down. Then I put him back into his own bed around 1am. Thinking okay now I am go back to sleep. NO!!! My child, who thinks that sleep is a bad word was wondering the dark house all night. The first time he woke me up (1:45am) he was in the bathroom playing with the bath toys. Put him back to bed. The next time (2:30am) he was in the pantry trying to find a snack. Then I was unable to sleep figuring he would go and find other (dangerous) things to play with. Once in the play room playing with little people (In the dark), once in the living room looking at the pillow. And many many times coming into our room just to say 'hi (how sweet).' I finally got him to go back to sleep around 4:30am. Yes.. a long long long night. And Yes Caleb was grumpy all day, but mommy wouldn't let him sleep!!! Was it revenge? Maybe!!! But he did sleep like a dream the next night. So I call that survival!!!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Oh wow, I'd freak out if Mikayla was wandering the house! Glad he's back on schedule and hope you're catching up on sleep!