Well I am finally home. It was hard being in the hospital for so long, but it was needed.
So, on Thursday the 18th we went to the doctor to see about getting induced. Everything was fine. I was far enough along to be induced so they scheduled me for sunday the 21st.
On Friday the 19th the doctor called and said that he switched shifted with another doctor and would be in on Saturday would it be okay to come in then instead of Sunday. Of course I was like...YEAH!! One less day of being pregnant.
On Saturday we got there and got to the room and the doctor came to check on me. I was 3 cm and 60% efaced...Yeah!! But the baby seemed really high up. And because he was already known to be breech they brought in the ultra sound.
He placed in near where the head should be...nothing. I knew then that this little rascel had flipped again. So, he checked up near my heart....there was his head!!!
now what?!?!?!? The options were to manual turn him from the outside which posed a lot of risk to Nathan or have a c-section which posed risk to me....well that is an easy choice. Give me the risk. I had eaten that morning so we needed to wait 8 hours from breakfast to have the surgery.
it was scheduled then. 2:30 that afternoon I would be in the operation room.
I was scared....very...very...very scared.
I was hard leading up to the surgery I had to be there 2 hours early to be prepped for surgery.
I am still hurting, but he is here and everyone is fine. I would go into the details of the surgery, but well, no one really wants to know!!!!!
So that is the saga of Nathan Richard Schultz!!!!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see more pictures! How scary, but it must be wonderful he's finally here. :D
I'm so excited for you that Nathan is here, and that you both are doing well. I'd love to bring a meal over! We're in Eugene, but I could certainly bring something over next week. Maybe something you could put in the freezer and use when you need it? I'll be in touch!
Nathan is adorable and I'm amazed to have seen you guys at the Christmas Eve service! Way to go! Congrats again :)
You made it through, much love to you!
Post a Comment