Well it is no secret that our children are champion spitter-uppers. And Evie is no different...well, exept the fact that she lost weight in the last month (where as the boys didn't...no matter how much they spit-up...and I mean no matter how much.) So, the doctor after having witnessed her excessive ability told me that if I wanted to try something he would put it in her file and all I would have to do is ask.
Well...I asked. So, after a weight check (confiming that she lost weight) and talking to the doctor. She is on prilosec. It is for acid reflux. It is wonderful. NOW...instead of giving four to five great volcanic eruptions after every feeding... she may give one or two really small ones. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!
The doctor told me that normally in these situations that he would start babies off with zantac but it only works in about 50 percent of cases and after seeing her he jumped her straight to prilosec.
The side note. She is much much happier in the evenings. She will sit and play without me having to either hold her or be in the same room. SO...dinner is so much easier to make. Also, she is not eating as much more is staying in her tummy. YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! What a happy day!
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh, how wonderful! I bet her tummy feels better in the evenings. AND we will all stay dryer when we hold her, as well as smell sweeter!
Love,
Mom S.
Titus has GERD. He's on Prevacid for it. Glad to hear her meds are helping. Titus wasn't losing weight, but he was arching his back and screaming all the time from the acid.
Post a Comment