Monday, September 17, 2007

First day of school

Well it took a week but here are some pictures of Ben's first day of school. It was a hard day on mommy, but we did it. And he loved it very much.


This is Ben before he got his hair cut. We had to go to great clips because the friend I was going to go to was not in the office when she said she was going to be.


Ben after he got his hair cut. Doesn't he look cute?

Ben in front of his school. He was determined to get the picture under the 'no skateboarding' sign.

We were a little bit early so Ben had to wait on the benches outside the doors. As you can see he was really looking forward to school.
Ben finding his name tag on the wall. He was on yellow because he goes in the afternoon.

And this is him right in front of his classroom. Under the cute little bear. At this point he was very much wanting me to leave.
On the second day of school I walked him to class, but on the third he wanted me to let him walk to class by himself. After a misunderstanding, I was okay with that. And by the misunderstanding I mean he thought that he was going to walk to school by himself, you know that half-mile or so that it is. He knows now that it will be years before mommy and daddy will let him do that.
So it goes now I am a mom of a school aged child. It feels weird and it is hard getting use to the schedule, but he loves it and I think that he will do great.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

His haircut looks great. How independent Ben is becoming. This is just the first step, but you are all making it well.
love
Mom s

Dena said...

Congrats! You did it! You'll all do great. Baby Evie's pics look cute, too.

Kara said...

It's been a month since you last blogged! Are you okay?