Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Getting Big

This is the rough part about being a mother. Today was Ben's Kindergarden picnic. From 11:30-12:30 we had a picnic with the teacher, principle and other kids. Mrs. Hawke did role call and told the parents what some of the rules are. She looked at and tried to get to know every child. Ben got to go on a bus ride and learn the rules of the bus (for field trips). Then he got to see his classroom. It seemed small to me, but it was not 'ready' yet. Hopefully it will be 'ready' on Sept 10th because that will be Ben's testing day. They give all the kids a literacy testing before they start thier first day (11th). At first I was upset....literacy....Ben can't read yet. Isn't that what they are suppose to learn in Kindergarden? Well, the testing is to see the letter reconginition and letter sounds. So.....whew...I was about to get fustrated.

So, my baby is getting big. My life is about to change and I am not sure that I like it. He was so excited about everything. I know he will do just fine....but me....I am not so sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I understand! I still remember the first day I dropped Philip off for school. I could only cry from the time I left him sitting in the auditorium with his new teacher until I got outside where Ryan was waiting for me. Rough. Then, before you know it they are leaving for college and getting married.....
Love Mom S.

Dena said...

You will do great! Do not worry. In a way I empathize; I nannied my niece for 3 years, and I cried her first day of pre-school! ;)